Reports to: Deputy Director
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Starting rate of pay: DOE
Summary of Position: Provide a full range of instruction and instructional support including but not limited to the following responsibilities and duties:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with planning, set-up and coordination of sessions and activities for the program.
- Assist teaching staff during sessions/activities
- Assist teaching staff with follow up paperwork after each EXCEL session
- With training, independently teach all EXCEL lessons within a year of hire
- Work with EXCEL Alaska team to continually improve and update the EXCEL program
- Assist with logistics of student travel to/from EXCEL activities
- Chaperone students during odd travel arrival/departure times
- Willing to travel for extended periods of time depending on session/location.
- (Possible) overnight remote travel to EXCEL and partner school district school sites
- Work flexible shifts including split shifts, evenings, overnights and weekends for extended periods of time
- Work long days, sometimes over 8 hours a day
- Manage and monitor EXCEL Facebook page as per checklist
- Assists high school students and graduates with transition plans and electronic career portfolios
- Participate in EXCEL related training/education to further teaching capacity
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as but not limited to, cleaning EXCEL facilities (dorm rooms, bathrooms, kitchen, floors), laundry, cooking or assisting a cook, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- High school graduate or GED
- Pursuing post-secondary training in EXCEL related content
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with students and staff.
- Experience working with EXCEL Alaska or a CTE Program.
EXCEL Alaska’s Instructor in training is expected to have the ability and willingness to:
- Promote and demonstrate EXCEL Alaska’s purpose, vision and values.
- Communicate effectively.
- Concentrate and work under pressure.
- Meet deadlines, and organize and prioritize work.
- Be self-motivated and detailed oriented.
- Maintain confidentiality and use discretion when warranted.
- Work independently, exercise judgment and make quality decisions consistent with the level of the position.
- Treat others respectfully and with consideration regardless of status or position.
- Be an effective team member.
- Work in a dynamic environment and to deal effectively with frequent changes in priorities, delays or unexpected events.
NOTES: Any description of work is a picture of the major responsibilities of a position at a given point in time. Jobs are dynamic and assignments/priorities may change. The primary purpose of this description is to outline and communicate key tasks and expectations for the position. This description does not imply or create a contractual relationship. EXCEL Alaska is an at-will employer.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a completed application (email Billijo Mills for EXCEL Application), cover letter, two letters of recommendation, and resume to Billijo Mills Deputy Director firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. However, applications, letters of interest, letters of recommendation, and resumes will be reviewed on January 31, 2020.